Shannon McClintock Miller is an international speaker, consultant and author who has a passion for education, librarianship, advocacy, technology, social media and making a difference in the world and lives of others, especially children. She served as the K-12 district teacher librarian and technology integrationist at Van Meter Community School District in Iowa for 10 years. Shannon now brings a special expertise and vision to conversations around school libraries, education, technology, creativity and student voice.
Shannon currently serves as the Future Ready Librarians and Project Connect Spokesperson working with librarians, educators and students around the world every day. She is Buncee’s Librarian Advisor, Cantata Learning’s Teacher Librarian Advocate and Author and a Participate Author. Shannon is the author of the award winning The Library Voice blog and enjoys writing for various blogs, journals and other forums including ISTE, School Library Journal and Publishers Weekly. She recently published her first 4 children’s books about library skills with Cantata Learning and is working on the next series which is due out in the fall of 2018.
In 2011, Shannon was awarded the Connecting People Shorty Award and was chosen to be part of the SLJ New Leaders Program in 2012. In 2013, she was named one of the Faces of Innovation from Broadband for America; one of 50 featured in the 2013 Center for Digital Education Yearbook; and one of the featured Connected Educators with the Connected Educators projects partnered with the US Department of Education. In 2014, Shannon was named a Library Journal Mover and Shaker. In 2016, she was awarded the Making it Happen Award by ISTE. In 2017, she was an AASL Social Superstar finalist.
And her most favorite roles of all….She is the mom to three amazing children and lucky wife of Eric’s.
You can find Shannon at @shannonmmiller on Twitter and Instagram and by following her blog, thelibraryvoice.com.You can find this and Shannon's complete profile on LinkedIn.
Shannon's email is email@example.com
Shannon's Curriculum Vitae
- 15 Librarians to Follow on Instagram. Scholastic, On Our Mind blog. December 2017.
- Scholastic Library Publishing, Librarian Spotlight. February 2017.
- 2016 ISTE Making It Happen Award, ISTE Annual Conference in Denver, Colorado
- 2014 Library Journal Movers & Shakers, Shannon McClintock Miller, Innovator
- Skype Educational Ambassador, Skype Moment Makers
- 200 Librarians To Follow On Twitter, Matt Anderson Blog
- The Top 35 edTech Influencers from Wibki
- 2014, Bammy Awards School Librarian Finalist
- 2013 Center for Digital Education Yearbook, One of 50 in this group
- 2013 Best Library/Librarian Edublogs Award, 3rd Place
- 2013 Best Individual Twitter EduBlogs Awards, Nominated
- Top 50 School Library Blogs. Teacher Certification Degrees , November 2013
- Connected Educators partnered with U.S. Department of Education
- One of the featured Connected Educators, August 2013
- Faces of Innovation from Broadband for America, One of 21 Faces of Innovation, July 2013
- Top 5 ed-tech Twitter Accounts That We Follow, eSchool News
- Bammy Awards, Finalist of 2013 School Librarian Bammy Award, June 2013
- Teacher Goody of the Month of March 2013, Goody Awards
- Bammy Awards, named a member of the Top 20 Twitterati, September 2012
- Nominated 2012 Best Library/Librarian Edublogs Award
- Teach 100 Blogs, Van Meter Library Voice
- Nokia Connecting People Shorty Award, 2011
- Iowa Librarian Wins National Tech Award (Channel 8 News)
- Top 50 School Library Blogs, Teacher Certification Degrees
- Edmodo Blogger Team, June 2011
- Nominated 2011 Best Group Blog (Two Libraries One Voice) Edublogs Award
- Nominated 2011 Best Individual Tweeter Edublogs Award
- Nominated 2011 Best Library/Librarian Edublogs Award
- Featured ISTE Member in Leading & Learning Journal, March 2011
- Selected as member of School Library Journal New Leaders Program, 2010Nominated 2011 Best Library/Librarian Edublogs Award
- Educators That Rock, Finding Dulcina, February 10, 2010