Sunday, April 19, 2015

You Just Have To Hear This Student's Voice....My 5th Grade Friend Meridan and Her Blog!

As you know I think there is nothing greater than the voice our young people have within them. They have the power to change the world with their voice....and the power to inspire others to do the same. 

And one of the best things.... It doesn't matter how old they are.  With support, motivation, and places to share their voice, any child can make a difference.  
I am blessed to know so many amazing young people.

I would like to introduce you to a very special one today.  Her name is Meridan.  I have known her since kindergarten and she is now in 5th grade at Van Meter Community School.

Last year I helped Meridan start her blog, Meridan's Little Voice.  She loves to write and has been honored for her wonderful writing voice.

You can read about when she was a finalist in Mrs. P Writing Contest here.

Over the last few weeks, Meridan and I have been brainstorming through Skype and emails.  We have decided to do some super fun work together through our blogs and other ways.  I am excited for us to be blogging partners.
I wrote a post about one of my favorite digital tools Tackk last week.....
and Meridan did the same on her blog.  It was so much fun to read what Meridan thought about Tackk too.

To read her take on Tackk and other digital tools is very valuable for all us as we use it with our students and others too.
You can follow Meridan on her blog, Meridan's Little Voice....
and on her new Twitter at @Meridan101.  

I can't wait to see what we plan next....I promise it will always be something fun, creative, and definitely worth sharing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment