Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"Do You Want To Hear MY Driving Question?", Said All Of Our Kindergarteners At Their PBL Project Playground

"Look, Look! Do you want to hear MY driving question?"  

"I want to tell you what I learned about the wholly mammoth being in Iowa." 

"Did you know that raccoons really don't dip their food in the water?"

As I walked around the library yesterday these were all things I heard our wonderful kindergarten students saying to each other and the guests they invited to our "Iowa Animal Research Project Playground."  Parents, grandparents, teachers, and siblings were among the special guests all learning so much from our youngest learners.  

It was an amazing hour to just step back and see how even five and six years old can be the best teachers in the world.  They have so much to contribute and this is just the start of engaging them in amazing learning, creative, and collaborative experiences.   

1 comment:

  1. "This is just the start of engaging them in amazing learning, creative, and collaborative experiences"....YES! IF we begin their school days with such motivating and purposeful reasons for the research, the reading and the writing, the sharing and the listening, we will have achieved something wonderful. I can imagine what this meant to them and to the people who were able to attend it!
    As a new school librarian I am always looking for ways to enhance what I offer the students and teachers at my school. This is definitely on the list!
    KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete